You’ve been listening to Kathy Jones for years. Now it is time to find out a little more about our favorite member of Jody Dean & the Morning Team (don’t tell Jody, Bernie or Rebekah. Actually Rebekah knows Kathy’s the favorite, so feel free to tell her.)
1. I’m a science fiction geek and have been to many science fictions conventions. Yes, I own it!! I waited in line for an hour to get this uncomfortable family photo with Nichelle “Uhura” Nichols of Star Trek fame.
2. I know how to clone houseplants. I’d tell you how, but then my discount houseplant business would be in jeopardy.
3. I love collecting art glass and have done so for many years. A couple of years ago I decided I’d try my hand at making my own art glass.
4. I love Prince and has every CD by him.
5. I watch the Food Network every single day. I love getting together with family and friends and cooking for them. Secretly, I have a crush on celebrity cook, Bobby Flay, and waited in line for a couple of hours to get a photo with him. I also have a crush on Cajun cook, John Besh, but he’s been avoiding our area.
6. Rebekah and I hang out a lot. This is us at Rebekah’s Hillbilly Birthday party last year. Yes, we dressed up like hillbillies, or our interpretations of what hillbillies look like, and went out in public for dinner. My outfit involved lots of leopard prints because I was a fashionable hillbilly.
7. Once killed a hobo with her bare hands (just kidding).
8. As I said before, I like to entertain. I give themed parties all the time, whether it’s a “Girls Night of Violence”, where we watch horror movies all night, or a “Pie Party”, where everyone brings a pie, it’s always fun. These are pictures from my “Cake Ball Competition”. It was also “wear your ugly Christmas top” to the party.
9. Favorite TV shows include Dexter, Justified, Mad Men, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Boardwalk Empire, any of the Top Chef shows.
10. I got the chance to cohost a live broadcast of the morning show I was working at in Baton Rouge from the 1992 Olympics in Albertville, France. It was my first time out of the country. A truly awesome experience. I wish we could do that again.
11. I have a huge family, 6 brothers and sisters, and 17 nieces and nephews. I became an aunt at the age of 11 so, I now have married nieces and nephews who are now having kids. I’m Great Aunt Kathy and don’t you forget it. In fact, I have a brand new nephew who I will meet for the first time during the Christmas break. His name is Pius, III. That’s how Catholic my family is.
12. I have a Journalism Degree & a Biotechnology Degree.
13. I love to travel and have been able to do a lot of that in the last few years. A big “thank you” to KLUV and Sharon Carr because I would not have been able to visit these places if it wasn’t for this job. I mainly travel with my sisters, Jackie, Linda and Brenda, and my best gal pal, Ivory.
14. I don’t like coconut, just the texture, not the flavor. I don’t like cherries, just the fruit, not the flavor.
15. Best Christmas gift ever: Easy Bake Oven when I was 6 years old