NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Kris Allen – Everybody Just Wants to Dance
- Kris Allen – Beautiful and Wild
- Kris Allen – Live Like Were Dying
- Kris Allen – Its Always You
- Kris Allen – In Time
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Holiday Edition
- Jody: Top Ten Holiday Movies
- David: Frozen Dethrones Barbie As Top Toy