NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Watch the Best Movie Trailers for the Top Blockbusters of 2015 and 2016
- Rosanne Bar Slowly Losing Her Eyesight
- Mavs Fans Keep The Faith!
- WATCH: First Official ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer
- Neil Young Debuts New Music with Willie Nelson’s Sons Live: Watch
- Prince’s Facebook Got Hacked with Promise of New Music, Omelets
- Women Sets New Eating Record In Texas!
- UPDATE: Bobbi Kristina Brown: AWAKE! Or NOT?
- Dallas Has 1 Of The Most Expensive Hamburgers In America!
- Former Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton Divorcing