NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: How Many Hours Per Week Do You Work?
- Blake: Dating Site OKCupid Admits To Manipulating Customers
- Blake: Ellen Degeneres Trying To Save Her Relationship
- Blake: The Complete Batman TV Series Comes To You
- Jenny Q: Things We Do That Dogs Hate
- Jenny Q: Walter’s World – ‘Breaking Bad’ Art Spans The Globe
- Jenny Q: Jay Leno (Briefly) Returns to NBC
- Fitz And The Tantrums – The Walker
- Fitz And The Tantrums – Out Of My League
- Fitz And The Tantrums – Fools Gold