NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- I Lost Track Of The Lap Count
- The Pooch Parade Was “Interesting”
- Mexican Sugar Is Delish!
- David Had Easter Brunch At Church
- This Ape Loves S’Mores!
- Jody’s Pick Of The Day – Grocery Delivery
- 11 Shocking Facts About The World’s Biggest Brands
- Home Skinovations Flash & Go Giveaway
- KLUV’s Funjet To The Beach Giveaway
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue