NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon’s Marriage Blows Up!
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Morrissey’s ‘World Peace’ Videos Pulled from Vevo — And He Thinks His Albums Are Next
- Jenny Q: This Dog Doesn’t Like Alarm Clocks Either
- Jenny Q: Five New Dorms at SMU Open for Business
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?
- Jenny Q: Benefits of Being Single – Yes, There Are Some
- Watch: Jody Dean’s Ice Bucket Challenge!
- Gotham’s Erin Richards: It’s Ryan From The O.C.!!! (Talking About Her Costar Ben McKenzie)
- Is This Five Seconds of Kanye West’s Alleged Paul McCartney Collaboration?