[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Jackson Browne And The Eagles Will Pay Tribute To Glenn Frey At The Grammys
- Long-Term Teen Marijuana Users Have Poorer Verbal Memory In Middle Age
- The Late Show’s Stephen Colbert Welcomes NEW Animal Expert: Will Ferrell!?
- UPDATE: City Leaders Trying To Keep The Exxxotica Expo From Returning To Dallas
- With His Oscar Nomination Sylvester Stallone’s Daughters Finally Recognize Him As An Actor
- See The NEW ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Batmobile!
- A New Harry Potter Book Is Coming This Summer!
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- VIDEO: Watch Katie Holmes Squirm As Matt Lauer Asks Her About Tom Cruise
- Zoli’s NY Pizza Tavern In Oak Cliff Is Closing Their Doors On Valentines Day