NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: New In Theaters This Weekend
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Blake: Former Lockheed-Martin Engineer Says Aliens Are Real
- Blake: Game Of Thrones Cast Signs For More Seasons and Salary
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- KLUV’s 2014 Halloween Party
- Blake: Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW
- Tyler Mane: I Researched Serial Killers For The Role Of Michael Myers
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Like Us To Win A Trip to A Very Grammy Christmas