NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Lake Lewisville Water Levels Causing Concern For Residents
- Tonight: The TV Debut of The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 30th Induction
- ‘Guardians of The Galaxy’ Star Chris Pratt Teaches Son Pledge Of Allegiance
- Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: May 29-31
- Of Rivers and Roads
- Time To Introduce My Girlfriend To My Parents – Take 2
- VIDEO: Inventor Of Bullet Proof Cup Tests Product In Worst Way Possible
- Joni Mitchell May Have Had a Brain Aneurysm
- Is Taylor Swift Sexy?
- Dallas To Honor Stevie Ray & Jimmie Vaughan with Art In Keist Park