[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- What You Can Expect From This Weekend’s NEW Movies!
- Blake Powers’ #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: Feb. 24-26
- The 56th Season of Six Flags Over Texas Begins This Weekend
- Blue Bell ‘Ice Cream Cone’: NEW Limited-Time Flavor!
- John Mellencamp Announces New Album ‘Sad Clowns and Hillbillies’
- Celebs Are Getting Surgery To Have A Permanent Smile
- Mr T., Simone Biles, And Members Of Fifth Harmony Among Those Confirmed For The 24th Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- Morgan Freeman Gives Jimmy Kimmel Oscar ‘Pep Talk’ in New Commercial
- JC Penney To Close Up To 140 Stores
- ZZ Top Extend Tonnage Tour