NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: Julia Robert’s Lingerie Up For Auction
- Blake: Women Do It More Than Ever Before
- David Bowie Announces 40th Anniversary ‘Diamond Dogs’ Picture Disc
- Watch Neil Young Cover ‘Needle of Death’ at Third Man Records
- Blake: Dallas Cowboys 2014 Schedule
- The Peanut Butter Challenge
- Employee Self Evaluations
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Sharika Is Taking Some Heat
- Murder Was The Case
- I Have “Missing Madi’s Soccer Game” Guilt