NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Jenny Q: George Clooney’s Selfie with Downton Abbey Cast
- Blake: Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW – Dec 19-21
- Rebekah: I Have The Hiccups
- Jenny Q: Rescue Reindeer 911! PHOTOS
- Jacqueline Whitmore, Etiquette Expert, Says It’s Ok To Re-Gift!
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- Rebekah: OMG! There’s A Tree In The Backseat!
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Sony & Paramount Cave To North Korea!
- Christmas With The Morning Team