NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Keith Richards Shares Rugged Blues Song ‘Substantial Damage’
- CeeLo Green Sings Over ‘Taxi’ Theme for ‘Sign Of The Times’
- 11 Books That Scared Stephen King (And Will Scare You, Too)
- “Unicorn Woman” Grows Giant Horn Right On Her Head
- Courtney Cox Is Getting Married, And Ed Sheeran Is Her Wedding Band!
- “Bruh,” “Awesomsauce,” “Butthurt” Among New Words Added To The Dictionary
- Woman Asks Men To Hold Her Underwear In The Best Prank EVER!
- You Might Be Able To Tell If Someone Is A Psycho By The Way They Yawn!
- This Mother And Daughter Have Spent $86K On Matching Plastic Surgery
- Changes Coming To Instagram