[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Steven Van Zandt On James Gandolfini: “I Have Lost A Brother And A Best Friend”
- Sopranos Actor James Gandolfini Dies At 51
- The Beatles/Rolling Stones Rivalry Continues (Sort Of) At Glastonbury
- Never Say Die: Black Sabbath Hit #1 On Billboard Album Charts
- Brad Paisley Plays ‘Dead Flowers’ With The Rolling Stones: Watch
- Natura Pet Issues Recall On Pet Foods Due To Potential Health Risks
- John’s Rock N Roll Diaries: Song Writers Hall Of Fame
- Jenny Q: Get Well Soon Gift
- OMG!!! Debbie Gibson Was Here!!! OMG!!!
- KLUV World Tour: Antarctic Cruise