NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake’s Exclusive Video Of Buzz Lightyear In Line At Astroblasters
- Blake’s Disneyland Pictures!
- Blake: Perfect Barbie Receives Imperfect Competition
- Blake: “The Christmas Song” – Nat “King” Cole and Frank Sinatra
- Celebrate the Holidays at Klyde Warren Park
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at Bass Performance Hall
- Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway
- Parade of Lights in Fort Worth
- Blake: Angelina Jolie To Leave Acting
- Blake Powers interviews Sachi White, 2013-2014 Disneyland Resort Ambassador At Disneyland