NEIL YOUNG: Smoke From A Not-So Distant Lawsuit
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Neil Young[/lastfm] is being sued for more than half-a-million dollars because of a 2010 fire in a San Carlos, California warehouse…
The suit, filed last week by Unigard Insurance Company, says Young’s company, LincVolt LLC, was negligent when it converted a 1959 Lincoln Continental to run on electricity and a biodiesel-powered generator.
“The altering of a gas-powered 1959 vehicle and its components is an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do,” claims Unigard in its suit.
A malfunction occurred while the car was being charged on November 9th, 2010, setting off a fire that caused close to a million dollars in damage, most of it to Young’s memorabilia — instruments, photos and film footage as well as the Lincoln — which he stored there. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: New Movies This Weekend
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- Blake: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie In James Foley Biography
- Safety Tips For Trick-Or-Treating
- Blake: “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” – CANCELLED!
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Jenny Q: Do You Hate Email? There’s An App For That
- Jenny Q: Most Affordable Cities List – This Time the Big Ones
- Nurse Nina Pham Is Ebola Free, Headed Home From Hospital
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock