NEIL YOUNG Hates Mp3 Quality, Says We’re Missing 95% Of The Sound!
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]NEIL YOUNG[/lastfm] is very unhappy with the quality of music these days.
But he’s not complaining about the music itself. He’s upset about the actual SOUND you get with digital music.
He says, quote, “I’m finding that I have a little bit of trouble with the quality of the sound of music today. I don’t like it. It just makes me angry. Not the quality of the music, but we’re in the 21st century and we have the worst sound that we’ve ever had.
“It’s worse than a 78 [rpm record]. Where are our geniuses? What happened?”
Neil says MP3s feature only 5% of the data from an original master file, and he adds, quote, “If you’re an artist and you created something and you knew the master was 100% great, but the consumer got 5%, would you be feeling good?”
Young posted a note on his Facebook page early Tuesday morning saying, “I support Occupy Audio. Thanks for listening.”
The Facebook page that Young links to features a video of musicians such as [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Flea[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Tom Petty[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]David Crosby[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kid Rock[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] listening to music in an El Dorado owned by Young and exclaiming how great it sounds.
The page says, “Occupy Audio and get the sound back to the people. Musicians, hear this. This is the 21st century. We need to take our tones back.” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- John Summers’ Rock N’ Roll Diaries: Sambora Sounds Off On Bon Jovi’s Sound Without Him
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Ok, Whose Ready To Shave Their Head?
- The Next Best Thing To Queen
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Stop Asking Historical Questions!!!
- Want To Smell Bacon When Your iPhone Wakes You Up? There’s An App For That
- Canada Needs More Mothers
- Don’t Hate On Our Rangers