NEIL YOUNG Hates Mp3 Quality, Says We’re Missing 95% Of The Sound!
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]NEIL YOUNG[/lastfm] is very unhappy with the quality of music these days.
But he’s not complaining about the music itself. He’s upset about the actual SOUND you get with digital music.
He says, quote, “I’m finding that I have a little bit of trouble with the quality of the sound of music today. I don’t like it. It just makes me angry. Not the quality of the music, but we’re in the 21st century and we have the worst sound that we’ve ever had.
“It’s worse than a 78 [rpm record]. Where are our geniuses? What happened?”
Neil says MP3s feature only 5% of the data from an original master file, and he adds, quote, “If you’re an artist and you created something and you knew the master was 100% great, but the consumer got 5%, would you be feeling good?”
Young posted a note on his Facebook page early Tuesday morning saying, “I support Occupy Audio. Thanks for listening.”
The Facebook page that Young links to features a video of musicians such as [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Flea[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Tom Petty[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]David Crosby[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kid Rock[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] listening to music in an El Dorado owned by Young and exclaiming how great it sounds.
The page says, “Occupy Audio and get the sound back to the people. Musicians, hear this. This is the 21st century. We need to take our tones back.” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade Photos
- Check Out Pictures From Our Disneyland Broadcast
- Blake Powers On The Radiator Springs Racers!
- Eric Scales, Senior Ink & Artist At Disneyland Resort Helps Blake Connect The Dots To The Past
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Blake Powers Live From Disneyland!
- Nearly 80% Buy Christmas Gifts Before Thanksgiving
- Prosper, Texas – Will Do Just That
- Jenny Q: Cher Scraps Tour, Still Sick
- PHOTOS: Our First Night At Disneyland!