Art Garfunkel Joins Tribute To The Rolling Stones
Rock and Roll hall of Fame member Art Garfunkle has been added to the all-star line-up paying tribute to the Rollings Stones at Carnegie Hall on March 13th. The concert, which already boasts a fantastic bill of 21 artists, will feature songs from the iconic Stones collection Hot Rocks 1964-1971. Already on the bill are: Marianne Faithfull, Ronnie Spector, The Mountain Goats, Rosanne Cash, TV on the Radio & Jovanotti, Glen Hansard, Peaches, Marc Cohn, Taj Mahal, Steve Earle, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Jackie Greene and Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes).
The concert is the eighth installment of the series to raise money for music education programs for underprivileged youth. 100% of the proceeds go to eighr music education non-profits: The American Symphony Orchestra Music Notes, Church Street School of Music, Young Audiences, Music Unites, FIKS (Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools); and newly added beneficiaries The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, Midori and Friends, and The Center for Arts Education.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Feeding A Baby Wallaby Is The Cutest Thing On The Internet
- How About A Disco Toilet?
- Because A Little Gorilla Playing Hide And Seek With A Little Boy Will Make You Smile
- Gregg Allman Talks Dickey Betts, and the Future of the Allman Brothers Band
- Kenny Loggins Comes To Town!
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- VIDEO: Rapper Kicks Fan In The Face
- Watch This Weather Man Freaks Out Over A Large Bug Live On TV
- FIRST LOOK: “Concussion” starring Will Smith
- ‘The Pretenders’ Singer Chrissie Hynde Under Fire for Rape Comments