Rock and Roll hall of Fame member Art Garfunkle has been added to the all-star line-up paying tribute to the Rollings Stones at Carnegie Hall on March 13th. The concert, which already boasts a fantastic bill of 21 artists, will feature songs from the iconic Stones collection Hot Rocks 1964-1971. Already on the bill are: Marianne Faithfull, Ronnie Spector, The Mountain Goats, Rosanne Cash, TV on the Radio & Jovanotti, Glen Hansard, Peaches, Marc Cohn, Taj Mahal, Steve Earle, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Jackie Greene and Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes).
The concert is the eighth installment of the series to raise money for music education programs for underprivileged youth. 100% of the proceeds go to eighr music education non-profits: The American Symphony Orchestra Music Notes, Church Street School of Music, Young Audiences, Music Unites, FIKS (Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools); and newly added beneficiaries The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, Midori and Friends, and The Center for Arts Education.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Watch this Gorilla Dance to ‘Maniac’
- Man Protests No Shorts Policy By Wearing A Dress To Work
- Couples Married During June, July , And August Are Most Likely To Cheat
- Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Ice-T, Others to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Kim Kardashian Outbids All Others For Jackie Kennedy Cartier Watch
- Learn How Critics Feel About “Transformers: The Last Knight” and “The Bad Batch”
- 98.7K-LUV’s Blake Powers #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: June 23-25
- Will Ferrell Explains Why Mariah Carey Was Fired From ‘The House’
- Ft. Worth Police Officer Dressed As “Batman” Arrests Shoplifter In Walmart
- Weird Al Yankovic And Lin Manuel Miranda Receiving Stars On Hollywood Walk Of Fame