Art Garfunkel Joins Tribute To The Rolling Stones
Rock and Roll hall of Fame member Art Garfunkle has been added to the all-star line-up paying tribute to the Rollings Stones at Carnegie Hall on March 13th. The concert, which already boasts a fantastic bill of 21 artists, will feature songs from the iconic Stones collection Hot Rocks 1964-1971. Already on the bill are: Marianne Faithfull, Ronnie Spector, The Mountain Goats, Rosanne Cash, TV on the Radio & Jovanotti, Glen Hansard, Peaches, Marc Cohn, Taj Mahal, Steve Earle, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Jackie Greene and Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes).
The concert is the eighth installment of the series to raise money for music education programs for underprivileged youth. 100% of the proceeds go to eighr music education non-profits: The American Symphony Orchestra Music Notes, Church Street School of Music, Young Audiences, Music Unites, FIKS (Fixing Instruments for Kids in Schools); and newly added beneficiaries The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, Midori and Friends, and The Center for Arts Education.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Vin Diesel Joined By Walker Brothers’ On Set Of ‘Fast & Furious 7′
- KLUV Reviews: Evita
- Multiple Major Labels Sue Pandora Over Classic Hits
- Dave Davies Of The Kinks To Malcolm Young, “Never Give Up”
- Paul McCartney Forced To Cancel Show After Equipment Goes Missing
- Video: The ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Frozen’ Mash-up You’ve Been Waiting For
- Austin City Limits Music Festival Lineup Announced
- Speech Jammers Are For Real
- Nope: The Phone Call Blocker
- I Snuck Onto The Set Of Scrubs