ERIC CLAPTON’s “Secret” Performance At Buckingham Palace!
Although it wasn’t reported at the time, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm] played Buckingham Palace in December…
Along with Andy Fairweather-Low on guitar, Chris Stainton on keyboards, Dave Bronze on bass and Henry Spinetti on drums, Clapton turned in an acoustic set to celebrate the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth‘s husband, Prince Philip. The show was a benefit for two youth charities — The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and the Outward Bound Trust.
Clapton is no stranger to the Royal Family. He’s performed at concerts for the Prince’s Trust, was part of Queen Elizabeth’s Golden Jubilee celebration in 2002, was made a Commander of the British Empire in 2004, and in 2005, joined [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jimmy Page[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jeff Beck[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Roger Daltrey[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Brian May[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Roger Taylor[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Phil Collins[/lastfm] and others in meeting the Queen when she hosted a reception for members of the U.K. music community at Buckingham Palace.
Here’s my favorite part: when Clapton was presented to Her Majesty, she asked if he’d been “playing a long time,” to which he replied, “It must be 45 years now.” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Abby Wambach’s Farewell To Soccer: “Putting The Crest On Every Single Time Means Something To Me”
- Jody: I Swear I Heard “Extra” Firepower On July 4th
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Christie Brinkley Attended Billy Joel’s Wedding!
- Shark Advice: The Shark Has The Right To Eat You Up When You In His House
- Rebekah: The Airplane Isle Seat Is Really The Butt Seat
- Good News Mavs Fans…Khloe Kardashian Has Been Sent To Ruin The Rockets!!!
- Jody: My Fourth Of July Was Filled With Burgers, Parades, Ribs, Dessert, & Kenny Bearjaws!
- In Honor Of Shark Week…Check Out This Great White Almost Eat Through A Diving Cage!
- Austin Dillon Crashes In Final Lap Of The Daytona Coke Zero 400
- Man Dies After Setting Off A Firework On His Head