KISSES ON THE BOTTOM Needed A SLOW HAND
When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Taylor Swift’s New Video Catching Flack for ‘Channeling Colonialism’
- Atari Cartridges Found in Landfill Get $100K on eBay
- Dancing With the Stars FULL Line-Up Announced
- ‘Yellow Submarine’ Songtrack: An Oceanic Beatles Feast for the Ears
- Huge Party Held in Memory of News Reporter Alison Parker
- Warbirds On Parade Is This Weekend!!!
- Rachel Platten Sings “Fight Song” With Cancer Patient Jeremiah Succar!!!
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Jimmy Fallon Snags Donald Trump For The Tonight Show
- Sorry Professors, You Can’t Make Your Students Use The Words “He” Or “She”
- Miley Cyrus’ Latest Photo Shoot Is One Step Closer To Porn