KISSES ON THE BOTTOM Needed A SLOW HAND
When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Jenny Q: George Clooney’s Selfie with Downton Abbey Cast
- Blake: Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW – Dec 19-21
- Rebekah: I Have The Hiccups
- Jenny Q: Rescue Reindeer 911! PHOTOS
- Jacqueline Whitmore, Etiquette Expert, Says It’s Ok To Re-Gift!
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- Rebekah: OMG! There’s A Tree In The Backseat!
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Sony & Paramount Cave To North Korea!
- Christmas With The Morning Team