When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- UPDATE: Amber Heard Says Johnny Depp HIGH Most Of Their Marriage
- VIDEO: Best Graduation Speech Of ALL Time! Steven Spielberg To Harvard Grads: Be A Real-Life Movie Hero
- Watch The Water Bottle Flip That Went Viral!
- 2012 London Olympic Athletes Test Positive For Blood Doping
- NEW In Theaters This Weekend!
- #MemorialDayWeekendThangsToDoInDFW: May 27-30
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Divorce To Be Included In KUWTK
- Is Axl Rose Joining AC/DC Permanently?
- Tonya Couch Indicted By Texas Grand Jury and Faces Charges
- Here’s What Lindsay Lohan Looks Like In A Swimsuit