When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Burger King’s Company Buying Popeyes
- WATCH “Jeopardy” Host Alex Trebek Take On “Let’s Rap, Kids” Catagory
- Tom Brady’s Missing Super Bowl Jersey Worth $500,000
- Interesting Facts About Sunday’s 89th Academy Awards
- Texas Man’s Photo Under Dangling ‘P’ on Walmart Pharmacy Sign Goes Viral!
- Selena Gomez’s Ft. Worth Home On The Market For $3M
- Frances Bean on Kurt Cobain’s 50th Birthday: ‘You are Loved and You are Missed’
- Britney Spears Posts Nude Photo On Instagram
- Abandoned Dog Finds A New Home (And New Job) At A Gas Station In Brazil
- Adam Levine And Blake Shelton Get Candid About Quitting “The Voice,” Admit They’ve Picked Their Replacements