KISSES ON THE BOTTOM Needed A SLOW HAND
When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Jody: I’ve Never Really Liked April Fool’s Day
- Watch Van Halen Butcher Panama On Jimmy Kimmel
- A Stranger Travels From Seattle To Philadelphia To Attend A Bachelor Party
- Jody: Yep, That’s My Son Hanging At The Top Of A Cliff
- Rebekah: The Walking Dead Was All We Could Talk About!
- David: Mellow Mushroom Is Pretty Delish!
- Matinee Mania: Sexiest Male Movie Star Bracket
- Get Ready To Run…The Latest Jurassic World Trailer Is Here!
- Rebekah: James’ Powerlifting Kid Brought Home Second!
- 15 Things You Can Do With Coffee Besides Drink It!