When [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul McCartney[/lastfm] set about recording his Kisses on the Bottom collection of standards (which came out Tuesday), he wanted it to stand out from similar projects from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rod Stewart[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Robbie Williams[/lastfm].
One of his ideas was to give it a bluesier feel, so he brought in [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eric Clapton[/lastfm], which he’d never done for a solo album. Clapton plays acoustic guitar on the lead single, a McCartney original called “My Valentine,” and he broke out the electric for “Get Yourself Another Fool.” Both solos were recorded at Abbey Road in London.
During those sessions, McCartney recalled that the last time they’d recorded together was on September 6th, 1968, when Clapton played the solo on [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm]‘ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” also at Abbey Road. Clapton has now played on at least one solo album by each of The Beatles.
McCartney will celebrate the release of Kisses on the Bottom with an intimate concert tonight (Thursday 2/9/12) at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, where he recorded it. You can see it starting at 9 (our time) on iTunes. No word on if Clapton will show up.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Touring ‘Let It Be’ Tribute Creates On-Stage Beatles Reunion in DFW
- The Beatles’ Hometown Plots ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ 50th Anniversary Celebration
- WATCH: The “Wrecking Club” Lets You SMASH Stuff For $39.95!
- Ladies! Keep Your Man Romantic With “The Caveman” App
- Watch Former Dallas Cowboy Defensive End Greg Hardy’s Sept. Cocaine Arrest Video
- WATCH “Life” Stars Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal Spin Interview Into Hilarity
- LAST NIGHT: Another Man Attempts To Climb Over The White House Walls
- Is There A Texas-Based Reason Jerry Jones Won’t Let Romo Go?
- Ellen DeGeneres Blames Wine For Recent Hand Injury
- This Might Be The Worst “Wheel Of Fortune” Mistake Of All Time