You KNEW [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Chuck Berry [/lastfm]had to resurface eventually, right? He did.
Rock and roll pioneer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Chuck Berry[/lastfm] and Canadian singer/songwriter/poet/novelist [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Leonard Cohen[/lastfm] were named the first two recipients of the PEN Song Lyrics of Literary Excellence Award at ceremony held on Sunday at the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John F. Kennedy[/lastfm] Library in Boston.
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul Simon[/lastfm] spoke of the immense contribution Berry has had on rock, while [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Keith Richards[/lastfm] made a surprise visit and performed a tribute along with [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Elvis Costello[/lastfm].
In his acceptance speech, Cohen also sung Berry’s praises, saying, “If [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beethoven[/lastfm] hadn’t rolled over, there’d be no room for any of us.” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Woman Who Claims Chris Brown Pulled Gun On Her Was Dethroned From Miss California Regional 2016
- Want To Drink ‘Gin’ For A Living?
- Former Girlfriend Of Prince Shares Her Story On His Days Of No Sleep, Food or Water
- Gene Wilder Had a Wife for 25 Years After Gilda Radner
- America’s Got Talent 13-Year-Old Comedian Contestant Lori Mae Hernandez Takes Fun Shots At The Judges and Host
- Woman Who Called 9-1-1 For Chris Brown Allegedly Pulling Gun On Her Is Wanted By NYC Police
- Eddie Vedder Contributes New Song ‘Out of Sand’ to ‘Twin Peaks’ Soundtrack
- Rangers Rougned Odor Hits Walk-Off Homer; Makes Up For Earlier Mistakes
- Men Are Trading Briefcases for Totes
- President Obama Shortens Grateful Dead Fan’s Prison Sentence