CHUCK BERRY Honored: Keith Richards, Elvis Costello & Paul Simon Salute Him
You KNEW [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Chuck Berry [/lastfm]had to resurface eventually, right? He did.
Rock and roll pioneer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Chuck Berry[/lastfm] and Canadian singer/songwriter/poet/novelist [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Leonard Cohen[/lastfm] were named the first two recipients of the PEN Song Lyrics of Literary Excellence Award at ceremony held on Sunday at the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John F. Kennedy[/lastfm] Library in Boston.
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Paul Simon[/lastfm] spoke of the immense contribution Berry has had on rock, while [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Keith Richards[/lastfm] made a surprise visit and performed a tribute along with [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Elvis Costello[/lastfm].
In his acceptance speech, Cohen also sung Berry’s praises, saying, “If [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beethoven[/lastfm] hadn’t rolled over, there’d be no room for any of us.” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- NY Giants Wide Receiver Victor Cruz’s Fiance Sent A Group Text To All The Women He’s Cheating With
- Stevie Wonder: Finalizes Divorce from Second Wife
- The Beatles ‘Red & Blue’ Albums Anniversary
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Kate Winslet Won’t Let Her Kids Have Cellphones
- Cindy Crawford…Makeup Free & Rockin’ A Bikini!!!
- Nurse Giving Out Flu Shots Abandons Medical Protocol & Reuses Syringes
- Coming Soon To A Theater Near You…Jaws 19!!!
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris’ Son Names A Baby Penguin At Woodland Park Zoo
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Dee Sinder Asks Paul Stanley: Why do You Have to be Such a D**k?