A long list of friends and fellow musicians have expressed their sorrow and sadness following the news of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Davy Jones[/lastfm]‘ passing on Wednesday at the age of 66 as a result of a heart attack.
One very close friend and musical cohort who was hit hard by the loss of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Monkees[/lastfm] singer is [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Stephen Stills[/lastfm], who issued the following statement:
“I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of my friend Davy Jones. We have been good friends since his arrival in Los Angeles and at the beginning of The Monkees. As fellow horsemen, we had remained in contact through the years. Davy always managed to find time to come visit wherever I played. He was a class guy. And, he will be sorely missed.”
Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and four daughters from previous marriages. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- KLUV World Tour: San Diego
- Rolling Stones Hyde Park Documentary To Air On Showtime
- Peter Gabriel Working On New Album
- The Funeral Selfie
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Dang It! I Meant Necklace!
- Just Taking A Drunk Nap
- Jody’s Pick Of The Day – Rice Goes Bananas
- Miley Cyrus Could Be Person Of The Year!
- I’m A Terrible Dog Mom
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’