STEPHEN STILLS Misses His Good Friend DAVY JONES
A long list of friends and fellow musicians have expressed their sorrow and sadness following the news of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Davy Jones[/lastfm]‘ passing on Wednesday at the age of 66 as a result of a heart attack.
One very close friend and musical cohort who was hit hard by the loss of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Monkees[/lastfm] singer is [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Stephen Stills[/lastfm], who issued the following statement:
“I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of my friend Davy Jones. We have been good friends since his arrival in Los Angeles and at the beginning of The Monkees. As fellow horsemen, we had remained in contact through the years. Davy always managed to find time to come visit wherever I played. He was a class guy. And, he will be sorely missed.”
Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and four daughters from previous marriages. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: New In Theaters This Weekend
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- David Bowie Producer: New Album Coming ‘Soon’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Blake: Keanu Reeves Finds Intruder In His Home
- Ben & Jerry’s Led Zeppelin-Themed Hazed and Confused Ice Cream Under Fire
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Powers Of Observation With Blake Powers
- Radio.com Minimation: George Harrison on His Friendship with Eric Clapton
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’