A long list of friends and fellow musicians have expressed their sorrow and sadness following the news of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Davy Jones[/lastfm]‘ passing on Wednesday at the age of 66 as a result of a heart attack.
One very close friend and musical cohort who was hit hard by the loss of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Monkees[/lastfm] singer is [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Stephen Stills[/lastfm], who issued the following statement:
“I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of my friend Davy Jones. We have been good friends since his arrival in Los Angeles and at the beginning of The Monkees. As fellow horsemen, we had remained in contact through the years. Davy always managed to find time to come visit wherever I played. He was a class guy. And, he will be sorely missed.”
Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and four daughters from previous marriages. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- $1,000 Song Of The Day Is Back!
- Prince Debuts New Video For ‘FIXURLIFEUP’
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- 4th Annual 98.7 KLUV Fresh Flag Project
- Paul McCartney On Pussy Riot: ‘Further Incarceration Will Be Harmful’
- Ritchie Blackmore’s Biggest (Guitar) Smashes
- Home For Dinner With Jamie Deen
- Helio Castroneves Really Wants To Win!
- Jody’s Pick Of The Day
- Rebekah Reviews: The Hangover Part III