Was John Lennon BULIMIC?
There’s a new book out called “BackStage Pass VIP” by Debra Sharon Davis, which claims [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]JOHN LENNON[/lastfm] was exactly that…
Here are some interesting quotes from the book:
“Lennon was confused about his obsession with food. Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems . . . so it was hard for them to see Lennon’s purging behavior as extraordinary.
“Privately, John Lennon harbored food fetishes. For instance, Lennon loved eating huge bowls of Rice Krispies with large scoops of ice cream on top. He enjoyed putting ice cream on everything when he could.”
The book also quotes John’s friend, singer HARRY NILSSON saying: “John and I were having a heart-to-heart. Then all of a sudden John went off about how powerful men had ravenous appetites and wanted to swallow the world whole.
“And he thought that was why he had this horrible problem . . . being hungry all the time and overeating. He said he often fantasized about large quantities of ‘forbidden’ foods.’ He said food was ‘sacred’ to him and it frightened him.
“He saw it as ‘a great weakness’ and he referred to it as ‘a lack of discipline.’” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Blake: Julia Robert’s Lingerie Up For Auction
- Blake: Women Do It More Than Ever Before
- David Bowie Announces 40th Anniversary ‘Diamond Dogs’ Picture Disc
- Watch Neil Young Cover ‘Needle of Death’ at Third Man Records
- Blake: Dallas Cowboys 2014 Schedule
- The Peanut Butter Challenge
- Employee Self Evaluations
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Sharika Is Taking Some Heat
- Murder Was The Case
- I Have “Missing Madi’s Soccer Game” Guilt