Was John Lennon BULIMIC?
There’s a new book out called “BackStage Pass VIP” by Debra Sharon Davis, which claims [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]JOHN LENNON[/lastfm] was exactly that…
Here are some interesting quotes from the book:
“Lennon was confused about his obsession with food. Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems . . . so it was hard for them to see Lennon’s purging behavior as extraordinary.
“Privately, John Lennon harbored food fetishes. For instance, Lennon loved eating huge bowls of Rice Krispies with large scoops of ice cream on top. He enjoyed putting ice cream on everything when he could.”
The book also quotes John’s friend, singer HARRY NILSSON saying: “John and I were having a heart-to-heart. Then all of a sudden John went off about how powerful men had ravenous appetites and wanted to swallow the world whole.
“And he thought that was why he had this horrible problem . . . being hungry all the time and overeating. He said he often fantasized about large quantities of ‘forbidden’ foods.’ He said food was ‘sacred’ to him and it frightened him.
“He saw it as ‘a great weakness’ and he referred to it as ‘a lack of discipline.’” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade Photos
- Check Out Pictures From Our Disneyland Broadcast
- Blake Powers On The Radiator Springs Racers!
- Eric Scales, Senior Ink & Artist At Disneyland Resort Helps Blake Connect The Dots To The Past
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Blake Powers Live From Disneyland!
- Nearly 80% Buy Christmas Gifts Before Thanksgiving
- Prosper, Texas – Will Do Just That
- Jenny Q: Cher Scraps Tour, Still Sick
- PHOTOS: Our First Night At Disneyland!