There’s a new book out called “BackStage Pass VIP” by Debra Sharon Davis, which claims [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]JOHN LENNON[/lastfm] was exactly that…
Here are some interesting quotes from the book:
“Lennon was confused about his obsession with food. Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems . . . so it was hard for them to see Lennon’s purging behavior as extraordinary.
“Privately, John Lennon harbored food fetishes. For instance, Lennon loved eating huge bowls of Rice Krispies with large scoops of ice cream on top. He enjoyed putting ice cream on everything when he could.”
The book also quotes John’s friend, singer HARRY NILSSON saying: “John and I were having a heart-to-heart. Then all of a sudden John went off about how powerful men had ravenous appetites and wanted to swallow the world whole.
“And he thought that was why he had this horrible problem . . . being hungry all the time and overeating. He said he often fantasized about large quantities of ‘forbidden’ foods.’ He said food was ‘sacred’ to him and it frightened him.
“He saw it as ‘a great weakness’ and he referred to it as ‘a lack of discipline.'” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Jason Witten’s Message for Those Betting Against Tony Romo
- ‘Young Frankenstein’ & ‘Willy Wonka’ Star Gene Wilder Dead At 83
- Officials In Egypt Using “Grindr” To Track And Detain LGBT People
- Indonesian Man Claiming To Be 145 Years Old Declared As “World’s Oldest Man”
- Italian Wingsuit Pilot Broadcasts Own Death Live On Facebook
- Zimbabwe President Orders Arrest Of Entire Olympic Team After Failing To Medal
- Listen To (And Watch) Every ‘Song Of The Summer’ Since 1985
- Dallas’ Love Field Rated One Of The Best U.S. Airports For Dining
- 50% Of Millennials Are Passing On Vacations Hoping To Improve Their Career
- Online Petition Calls For Tony Romo To Retire