There’s a new book out called “BackStage Pass VIP” by Debra Sharon Davis, which claims [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]JOHN LENNON[/lastfm] was exactly that…
Here are some interesting quotes from the book:
“Lennon was confused about his obsession with food. Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems . . . so it was hard for them to see Lennon’s purging behavior as extraordinary.
“Privately, John Lennon harbored food fetishes. For instance, Lennon loved eating huge bowls of Rice Krispies with large scoops of ice cream on top. He enjoyed putting ice cream on everything when he could.”
The book also quotes John’s friend, singer HARRY NILSSON saying: “John and I were having a heart-to-heart. Then all of a sudden John went off about how powerful men had ravenous appetites and wanted to swallow the world whole.
“And he thought that was why he had this horrible problem . . . being hungry all the time and overeating. He said he often fantasized about large quantities of ‘forbidden’ foods.’ He said food was ‘sacred’ to him and it frightened him.
“He saw it as ‘a great weakness’ and he referred to it as ‘a lack of discipline.'” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Off-Field Stats for Dez & Zeke Also Off the Charts
- The 6 Best GRAMMY ‘In Memorandum’ Tributes
- “The Walking Dead” Star Chandler Riggs Plans For His Education and Professional Future
- Learn What Food Most Don’t Want To Smell At Work!
- Stalker Tries To Reach Sean Penn 50 Times This Year
- “The Walking Dead” Star Steven Yeun Is Now Married!
- Dallas Cowboys Cleats Being Auctioned For Charities
- Neil Young: The Best Song from Every Album
- SNL’s Dueling Rachels: Jennifer Aniston Makes Surprise Appearance
- Benefits of Being Single During the Holidays