Was John Lennon BULIMIC?
There’s a new book out called “BackStage Pass VIP” by Debra Sharon Davis, which claims [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]JOHN LENNON[/lastfm] was exactly that…
Here are some interesting quotes from the book:
“Lennon was confused about his obsession with food. Lennon was surrounded by talented musicians, but many had drinking and drug problems . . . so it was hard for them to see Lennon’s purging behavior as extraordinary.
“Privately, John Lennon harbored food fetishes. For instance, Lennon loved eating huge bowls of Rice Krispies with large scoops of ice cream on top. He enjoyed putting ice cream on everything when he could.”
The book also quotes John’s friend, singer HARRY NILSSON saying: “John and I were having a heart-to-heart. Then all of a sudden John went off about how powerful men had ravenous appetites and wanted to swallow the world whole.
“And he thought that was why he had this horrible problem . . . being hungry all the time and overeating. He said he often fantasized about large quantities of ‘forbidden’ foods.’ He said food was ‘sacred’ to him and it frightened him.
“He saw it as ‘a great weakness’ and he referred to it as ‘a lack of discipline.'” ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- It Only Took Two Beers To Talk Dad Into This
- Hey, What Are You Doing For The 4th?
- Which Is the Best (Non-Starbucks) Iced Coffee?
- Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Reunite for ‘Really?!?’ Segment Re: Women’s Sports (HILARIOUS VIDEO)
- In Theaters This 4th Of July Weekend
- 98.7K-LUV’s 4th Of July Celebration with The City of Rowlett!
- Are Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Trying To Save Their Marriage This Weekend?
- 4th Of July Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: July 3-5
- The 4th of July Dessert People Will Ask For Again And Again
- See Emotional Reunion of Middle School Friends: Judge & Defendant (VIDEO)