The Doobie Brothers React To Michael Hossack’s Death
As previously reported, Doobie Brothers drummer Michael Hossack passed away at his home in Dubois, Wyoming yesterday (March 12) after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.
Doobie Brothers manager Bruce Cohn said in a statement, “Mike was a one-of-a kind guy and a long-time member of the Doobie Brothers. He was a fighter and fought the big battle with cancer and he was a close personal friend of mine and I speak for Mike’s family and the entire band when I say he will be greatly missed.”
Guitarist/singer Tom Johnston remembered Hossack, “Mike has always been a part of my musical life and the life of the Doobie Brothers; from our earliest singles, like ‘China Grove’ and ‘Blackwater’ to our most recent single ‘Brighter Day.’ He was an incredible musician, a studio quality drummer. The last few years, he was brave and determined to keep on playing in the face of ill health, and I will always admire him for that. He was a terrific dad and family man, and we will all miss him.”
Guitarist/singer Pat Simmons, adde, “When my kids were little, they used to call him ‘Big Mike,’ because to them he was such a big guy. But to me and those who knew him, he had an even a bigger heart. We were friends for 43 years and we shared some wonderful adventures together, times I will never forget. Thanks for all those wonderful memories Mike, and all the great music. We love you.”
Funeral and memorial arrangements have not yet been announced.
- The Kinks Releasing 50th Anniversary Box Set ‘The Anthology 1964-1971′
- ‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibit Brings True ‘Sound and Vision’ Experience to Chicago
- A Piano Cover Of Skrillex’s “With You, Friends”
- Chris Stein’s Negatives: See 5 Awesome Photos of Blondie
- David: Urban Outfitters Has A Different Definition Of Vintage
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Please Let There Be A Lizzie McGuire Reunion!!!
- Sweet Lord! Pretty Sure That Anaconda Ate A Baby!
- Jody: According To My Grandmother, I Drank From A Bottle Until I Was 3!!!
- David: Drones Can Dance!
- David: Take This Job…& Shove It!