As previously reported, Doobie Brothers drummer Michael Hossack passed away at his home in Dubois, Wyoming yesterday (March 12) after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.
Doobie Brothers manager Bruce Cohn said in a statement, “Mike was a one-of-a kind guy and a long-time member of the Doobie Brothers. He was a fighter and fought the big battle with cancer and he was a close personal friend of mine and I speak for Mike’s family and the entire band when I say he will be greatly missed.”
Guitarist/singer Tom Johnston remembered Hossack, “Mike has always been a part of my musical life and the life of the Doobie Brothers; from our earliest singles, like ‘China Grove’ and ‘Blackwater’ to our most recent single ‘Brighter Day.’ He was an incredible musician, a studio quality drummer. The last few years, he was brave and determined to keep on playing in the face of ill health, and I will always admire him for that. He was a terrific dad and family man, and we will all miss him.”
Guitarist/singer Pat Simmons, adde, “When my kids were little, they used to call him ‘Big Mike,’ because to them he was such a big guy. But to me and those who knew him, he had an even a bigger heart. We were friends for 43 years and we shared some wonderful adventures together, times I will never forget. Thanks for all those wonderful memories Mike, and all the great music. We love you.”
Funeral and memorial arrangements have not yet been announced.
- Hall & Oates Reflect on 4 Decades of Making Music
- Benbrook Police Arrest Student With Gun at Western Hills High School in Ft. Worth
- See What Critics Say About “The Circle” (Tom Hanks, Emma Watson) and Action/Sci-Fi “Sleight”
- Blake Powers’ #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: April 28-30
- John Wiley Price Acquitted On 7 Counts Of Criminal Wrongdoing
- Watch The 2017 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductions!
- Texas Senate Approves Bill Requiring School Buses to Have Seat Belts
- Dallas Zoo Opens Hippo Exhibit Today
- Hangovers Do Get Worse With Age, And Here’s Why
- Will Google Glass Replace Smartphones? Facebook Says Yes