As previously reported, Doobie Brothers drummer Michael Hossack passed away at his home in Dubois, Wyoming yesterday (March 12) after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.
Doobie Brothers manager Bruce Cohn said in a statement, “Mike was a one-of-a kind guy and a long-time member of the Doobie Brothers. He was a fighter and fought the big battle with cancer and he was a close personal friend of mine and I speak for Mike’s family and the entire band when I say he will be greatly missed.”
Guitarist/singer Tom Johnston remembered Hossack, “Mike has always been a part of my musical life and the life of the Doobie Brothers; from our earliest singles, like ‘China Grove’ and ‘Blackwater’ to our most recent single ‘Brighter Day.’ He was an incredible musician, a studio quality drummer. The last few years, he was brave and determined to keep on playing in the face of ill health, and I will always admire him for that. He was a terrific dad and family man, and we will all miss him.”
Guitarist/singer Pat Simmons, adde, “When my kids were little, they used to call him ‘Big Mike,’ because to them he was such a big guy. But to me and those who knew him, he had an even a bigger heart. We were friends for 43 years and we shared some wonderful adventures together, times I will never forget. Thanks for all those wonderful memories Mike, and all the great music. We love you.”
Funeral and memorial arrangements have not yet been announced.
- Underboob Is All The Rage Now! Ton’s Of Celebrities Are Doing It!
- Tim Tebow Hits Home Run in First Minor League At Bat
- It’s National Coffee Day: The Best Cities For Coffee Lovers
- Plano’s 12th Annual International Fest Is Saturday
- Bananas, Bird, And Bellybuttons All On Top 10 On Biggest Fears List
- Are Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Friends Again?
- Justin Bieber Ordered To Miami For Deposition Concerning Alleged Attack On Photographer
- Man Leads Police On Facebook Chase In Florida
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins David Gilmour for ‘Comfortably Numb’
- Hate Panty Lines? Stick-On Underwear Will Solve That!