As previously reported, Doobie Brothers drummer Michael Hossack passed away at his home in Dubois, Wyoming yesterday (March 12) after a long battle with cancer. He was 65.
Doobie Brothers manager Bruce Cohn said in a statement, “Mike was a one-of-a kind guy and a long-time member of the Doobie Brothers. He was a fighter and fought the big battle with cancer and he was a close personal friend of mine and I speak for Mike’s family and the entire band when I say he will be greatly missed.”
Guitarist/singer Tom Johnston remembered Hossack, “Mike has always been a part of my musical life and the life of the Doobie Brothers; from our earliest singles, like ‘China Grove’ and ‘Blackwater’ to our most recent single ‘Brighter Day.’ He was an incredible musician, a studio quality drummer. The last few years, he was brave and determined to keep on playing in the face of ill health, and I will always admire him for that. He was a terrific dad and family man, and we will all miss him.”
Guitarist/singer Pat Simmons, adde, “When my kids were little, they used to call him ‘Big Mike,’ because to them he was such a big guy. But to me and those who knew him, he had an even a bigger heart. We were friends for 43 years and we shared some wonderful adventures together, times I will never forget. Thanks for all those wonderful memories Mike, and all the great music. We love you.”
Funeral and memorial arrangements have not yet been announced.
- Missed Today’s Eclipse? Another Will Pass Through Dallas In 2074
- State Employee Butt-Dials Reporter While Admitting Working Little For High Salary
- Secret Service Maxes Out Yearly Budget To Protect President Trump and Family
- Walmart Teams With Uber For Dallas Delivery
- “Full House” Star John Stamos Marks Birthday In The Buff
- Pearl Jam Share Wrigley Field Documentary Details
- Man Wakes Up With Severe Pain, Doctors Proceed To Remove Live Gecko From Ear Canal
- Anonymous Donor Provides School Supplies For Every Student At Texas Elementary School
- Woman Punches And Beats Herself After Watching “Annabelle: Creation”
- New Social Media App “Yellow” Is Being Called “Tinder For Tweens”