The founding member or [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Fleetwood Mac[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mick Fleetwood[/lastfm], says that he thinks the group won’t ever tour again.
Mick blames[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] Stevie Nicks[/lastfm]’ “obsession” with her solo career for the bands unsatisfied reunion plans.
In an interview with Playboy, drummer and founding member of Fleetwood Mac, Mick Fleetwood said that it was unlikely the group will ever reunite to record new material or tour. The reason? Mick says it is because of singer Stevie Nicks.
Fleetwood claims that Nicks has already scrapped plans for a reunion tour last year because she wanted to focus on her individual work, and hinted there would be no change in the future.
“I don’t believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again, but I really hope we do,” he said. “We have rehearsed it and prepared for it since 2010. We were supposed to tour in 2011, but we delayed it for a year to allow Stevie Nicks to support her solo record and for Lindsey Buckingham to do the same with his.”
He went on to add, “I’ve always been supportive of my bandmates doing solo albums, so long as we kept our band together… I played drums on most of Stevie’s album, the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that, for now, she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour. It comes down to her.”
Fleetwood went on to say of Nicks’ current situation: “I understand what she likes about her situation. Touring in support of her album, she is able to be her, without any degree of compromise. She doesn’t have to worry about the other three of us asking her to do anything. She has become obsessed with her album in a very nice but inconvenient way.”
- Dallas Man’s $17 Kindness Turns Into $1500 Charity Donation
- Bruce Springsteen on Trump: ‘The Republic is Under Siege by a Moron’
- Blake Powers Reviews “The Magnificent Seven”
- Blake Powers’ Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: Sept. 23-25
- Attention Ladies! Do You Feel Men Often Interrupt You?
- Disney Accused of Racism and Pulls “Moana” Polynesian Costume
- See Tom Brady’s Facebook Post Regarding Patriots Blowout Over Texans
- 5 Bass Players Who Could Replace AC/DC’s Cliff Williams
- Have You Seen SMU’s New Football Helmets?
- Report: FBI Investigating Brad Pitt Over Allegation of Child Abuse