At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- 98.7 KLUV’S Greatest Band Of All-Time II!
- Rock Icon Greg Allman Dead At Age 69
- Artists Pay Respects to Gregg Allman
- Gregg Allman Dead at 69
- Watch “Wonder Woman” Star Gal Gadot Try To Put Conan O’Brien Into Super Hero Shape… in 35mins!
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- Grateful Dead, Monkees Highlight Summer of Love Vinyl Reissues
- Watch The Late Late Show’s James Corden and Orlando Bloom “Turn On” Computers!
- New App Makes It Easy For Pot Lovers To Find Dates And Friends
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER