Smokey Robinson Going Spanish
At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Sophie Hunter, Reveal Their Baby’s Name
- John Fogerty’s Memoir Excerpt: The $90,000 Wedge Between He And CCR
- Broadway Star of ‘Les Miserables’ Dies at 21
- Tom Brady’s Sketch Artist Gets A Shot At Redemption
- OMG!!! Coffee Can Kill You!!!
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: President Obama Will Star In An Episode Of Running Wild With Bear Grylls
- The Words “He” & “She” Will Now Be Known As “Ze” & “Xe”
- The Portland Pooper Strikes Again!
- Netflix May Be Losing The Hunger Games, But They’re Gaining Disney In 2016
- An X Factor Contestant Made Simon Cowell Cry!!!