At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Are Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Expecting A Baby?
- Rare Beatles Demo Hits the Auction Block
- Bob Seger Announces New Album ‘I Knew You When,’ Covers Lou Reed
- Reviews: “Friend Request” – “The Lego Ninjago Movie” – “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” – “Stronger”
- Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: Sept 23-24
- Wylie High School Extends Texas Love To Hurricane Harvey Damaged High School
- WATCH Stephen Colbert’s Take-Off Of MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell’s Melt Down
- Impress Your Friends With These Hidden iOS 11 Features On Your iPhone And iPad
- Don’t Drink & Drive: Budweiser Just Started Offering Free Lyft Rides Every Weekend
- Christian “Researcher” Says The World Will End Today: Saturday, September 23, 2017