At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- WHAT?! McDonald’s To Change McNugget Formula
- RHOBH Star Kim Richards Headed To Jail For Shoplifting
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- Shelter Dogs Pay Tribute To Prince While Trying To Get Adopted
- Prince: Who Prescribed and Filled His Percocet Prescriptions?
- VIDEO: Woman Beats Crap Out Of Guy Who Groped Her On Elevator
- The Movie Sucks! Or! It’s Worth The Bucks!
- Prince Had Major Endorsement Deal With Yamaha Ready To Go
- #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: April 29-May 1
- Study: 1-Minute of Intense Exercise May Have Big-Time Health Benefits