At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Amputee Toddler Plays The Greatest Game Of Hide & Seek Ever!
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan AKA Neegan Responds To Walking Dead Racist T-Shirt
- Beyoncé Cancels Coachella Performance & Ticket Sales Drop By 12%
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians Has Been Replaced By Cats!
- What Happens When Health Food Nuts Try Some Deep Fried Deliciousness?
- Fox News Channel’s Alan Colmes Has Died
- Baby Panda Just Wants A Hug From His Busy Zookeeper
- Dry Winter Brings Wildfire Alerts Today In Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
- This Movie Theater Has Beds For You To Watch From!
- Dallas Native ZZ Top Bassist “Dusty” Hill Puts Tennessee Home Up FOR SALE!