Smokey Robinson Going Spanish
At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- FAQ: Albums Come Out on Fridays Now
- 15 Rock Stars Who Made TV Cameos
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss
- ‘Live Long and Prosper': Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83
- Leonard Nimoy Has Passed Away At 83
- Halle Berry: Despite Oscar, Still Hard to Get Roles
- Southwest Airlines Adds Eight New Cities Out of Love Field
- The Jimmy Buffet Pre-sale Is Happening Now!
- Madonna Promises No More Capes After ‘Nightmare’ Fall at Brit Awards