At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- What Did You Think Of Lady Gaga’s Performance of the National Anthem?
- Apple Now Accepting Damaged iPhones For Trade-In!
- Want A Little Telemarketer Pay-Back?
- Italian Actor Raphael Schumacher Declared Brain-Dead After Tragic On Stage Accident
- “Affluenza” Teen Ethan Couch: Now In Adult Jail!
- Couple Taken To Hospital To Be Physically Separated After Death Sex
- NEW In Theaters This Weekend!
- Model and Social Media Sensation Katie May – Dead
- #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: Feb. 5-7
- Bob Barker Coming To Texas