At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Sources Say Jason Witten to Remain a Dallas Cowboy for 4 More Years
- “Guardians Of The Galaxy” and “The Walking Dead” Star Michael Rooker Talks About Set Souvenirs
- NBC vs. FOX: Which Will Re-Boot “American Idol”?
- Texas Business Man Robert Rhodes Pleads GUILTY To Rigging 2007 $783,000 Wisconsin Lottery Win
- Six Major Film Studios Considering Releasing New Movies 2-3 Weeks After Opening
- “Shameless” Star Emmy Rossum Robbed!
- Why You Should Never Work Out On An Empty Stomach
- Multiple Networks Reportedly Pursuing Tony Romo as TV Analyst
- Don Henley To Be Joined By Two Eagles at Dallas ‘Birthday’ Concert
- “Cash Cab” Is Returning To TV