At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Arlington Police Identify (2) In Cell Phone Theft
- New In Theaters This Weekend
- Blake Powers’ “Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW”: Oct. 21-23
- Research Indicates Women Angrier Than Men Behind The Wheel
- Amazon, Netflix, Twitter and Other Popular Sites Experienced Difficulties Today
- Rolling Stones Share New Track ‘Hate To See You Go’
- Foreigner’s Mick Jones to Release Official Band Biography
- Bruce Springsteen Wrote a Song For ‘Harry Potter’ That Was Never Used
- Ezekiel Elliott Spends First NFL Paycheck on House for Parents
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years