Smokey Robinson Going Spanish
At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Blake: Bob Seger To Release New Album
- Blake: 33 Things Only Teachers Understand!
- Blake: Jackie Chan’s Son Arrested For Marijuana
- Blake: Rat Attacks NYC Camera Man
- Blake: David Letterman Remembers Longtime Friend Robin Williams
- Ferguson Native Michael McDonald Speaks Out on Mike Brown Shooting, Whites vs. Blacks Being Killed
- Taylor Swift’s 1989: An Odd Year for Pop Music 25 Years Ago
- Roger Waters’ ‘The Wall Live Tour’ Gets the Documentary Treatment
- Blake: Resident Evil Star Milla Jovovich Pregnant
- U2 Album Still Rumored for 2014, Featuring Multiple Big-Name Producers