At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- VIDEO: Best Graduation Speech Of ALL Time! Steven Spielberg To Harvard Grads: Be A Real-Life Movie Hero
- Watch The Water Bottle Flip That Went Viral!
- 2012 London Olympic Athletes Test Positive For Blood Doping
- NEW In Theaters This Weekend!
- #MemorialDayWeekendThangsToDoInDFW: May 27-30
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Divorce To Be Included In KUWTK
- Is Axl Rose Joining AC/DC Permanently?
- Tonya Couch Indicted By Texas Grand Jury and Faces Charges
- Here’s What Lindsay Lohan Looks Like In A Swimsuit
- This Babies Reaction To A Justin Bieber Song Is Priceless