At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Meet The “Meat Wagon” AKA The Biggest Backfield In HS Football
- Check Out The First Pics Of Janet Jackson’s Baby Bump
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott Is Dating Johnny Manziel’s Playboy Ex
- Watch the Trailer for New Stooges Documentary ‘Gimme Danger’
- Home Depot Pulls “The Scary Peeper Creeper” From Store Shelves
- Jordana Brewster Shows Us What’s In Her Bag
- Selena Gomez Enters Treatment Facility For Depression And Lupus
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- “Game Of Thrones” Star Lena Headey Is Allegedly Keeping Her Son From Husband & U.S. Schools
- Swearing On The Job Increasing Amongst Millennials