At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Warrant Issued For Cowboys’ Lucky Whitehead
- Justin Bieber Cancels Tour
- Hanson Detail Greatest Hits Album
- Watch This Police Officer Talk A Man Into Living Versus Dying
- BUSH Recalls Brown Sugar Hickory, Country Style and Original Baked Beans
- WATCH ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 Official Comic-Con Trailer
- Don Henley’s 70th B’day Celebration Concert Gives Fans A Memorable Musical Moment In Time
- Siri Loves the 80’s – Specifically ‘Queen’
- Linkin Park Release Official Statement on Chester Bennington’s Passing
- Eddie Vedder Joins Roger Waters for ‘Comfortably Numb’