At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Jimmy Kimmel Live Chats With Dana White On Him Selling The UFC For $4 BILLION!
- New In Theaters TODAY!
- Dallas Arboretum Offers GREAT Prices Through August
- Justin Bieber Offered A CrAzY GOP Funded Payday For 45 Min Show
- Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: July 29-31
- Kid Replaces Family Photos With Pics Of Steve Buscemi: Waits For Parents To Notice
- State Fair Of Texas: Are You Up For Some Bacon-Wrapped Churros Or Fried Jell-O?
- McKinney Plans for Restaurant Row
- Mary J. Blige Talks about her Divorce
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs