Smokey Robinson Going Spanish
At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Blake: 20 Things You May Not Know Your iPhone Can Do!
- Blake: Paul Simon Exhibit Opens In Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Elvis Costello Jams with The New Basement Tapes on ‘Kansas City’ Session: Watch
- Jenny Q: Giants Called ‘Dynasty’ – But Maybe Not
- Jenny Q: Frances McDormand – “I’m Happy With The Way I Look”
- Rebekah: Dear Evan, I’m Sorry (I’m Not Sorry) For Torturing You With A Haunted House Experience
- Jenny Q: Paper or Plastic (Straws)? Snappy Salads Says Paper
- The COST Of A Bag Of Rice On Survivor
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag