At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Andrew Luck, The Highest Paid Player In NFL History, Uses A Flip Phone
- These Are The Top 10 Highest Paid Actors In The World!
- Watch Cleveland’s Second Baseman Jokingly Square-Off with Ranger Rougned Odor
- Uber Has Bled Over $1 BILLION In Losses This Year
- Here’s What’s NEW In Theaters This Weekend!
- “Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW”: Aug. 26-28
- People Are Really Upset That Chick-Fil-A Is Changing Their Menu!
- Orlando Hospital Isn’t Charging Any Of The Pulse Night Club Victims!
- New Study Shows 3-Day Work Week Is Most Productive For Employees
- Study: Women Are ‘Genetically Programmed to Cheat’