At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Zillow Values White House at Nearly $400 Million
- SEE What Some Of Today’s HOTTEST Celebrities LOOK Like With Donald Trump’s Hair!
- McDonald’s To Offer (3) Big Macs – SOON!
- 13 Automakers Recalling Over 652,000 Vehicles Due To Takata Air Bags
- Uber Giving Away Free Fitness Kits In DFW Starting At 11am
- New Survey Names Seat-Kicking The Worst Airplane Behavior
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Stops By Fort Worth Rodeo On His Tour Of Texas
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Latest Lifestyle Advice Involves Inserting An Egg…Up There
- Quincy Jones’ Michael Jackson Lawsuit Moves Forward
- Alanis Morissette’s Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5 Million