At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving
- These Were The Biggest Television Flops Of 2015
- This Guy Is Already Camping Out For Black Friday And You Have To See His Set Up!
- 6 Singers That Could Fire Up Jimmy Page
- You Know What Else Starts Tomorrow? Engagement Season
- David Canary, Long-Time Actor on ‘All My Children,’ Dies at 77
- Photos Show Stunning Ginkgo Biloba Tree Shedding Bright Yellow Leaves in China
- Former Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested In Kansas
- Join Children’s Health℠ for the 28th annual Holiday Parade.