At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Off-Field Stats for Dez & Zeke Also Off the Charts
- The 6 Best GRAMMY ‘In Memorandum’ Tributes
- “The Walking Dead” Star Chandler Riggs Plans For His Education and Professional Future
- Learn What Food Most Don’t Want To Smell At Work!
- Stalker Tries To Reach Sean Penn 50 Times This Year
- “The Walking Dead” Star Steven Yeun Is Now Married!
- Dallas Cowboys Cleats Being Auctioned For Charities
- Neil Young: The Best Song from Every Album
- SNL’s Dueling Rachels: Jennifer Aniston Makes Surprise Appearance
- Benefits of Being Single During the Holidays