Smokey Robinson Going Spanish
At 72 and as one of the most heralded artists to ever come out of Motown, you would think there would be few things Smokey Robinson hasn’t done in his music career. Well for his new album he is going Spanish.
Smokey is currently getting ready to hit the studio for two albums. A Christmas record and one in Spanish.
The Christmas record will be laid down first and could possibly include a few new originals from the legend. “I might write a couple songs for it,” Robinson tells Billboard.com, “but basically it’ll be the traditional Christmas songs, the ones that people have loved for generations upon generations.”
The Spanish album will be all new songs written in Spanish. “I’ve been studying Spanish for the last three or four years, so I’m actually writing the songs, and I’m going to record some traditional Spanish music, too,” he reveals. “We have to do the Christmas album because there’s a time window for that, but I’m looking forward to doing the Spanish record and getting into something that’s different for me.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- In Theaters This 4th Of July Weekend
- 98.7K-LUV’s 4th Of July Celebration with The City of Rowlett!
- Are Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Trying To Save Their Marriage This Weekend?
- 4th Of July Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: July 3-5
- The 4th of July Dessert People Will Ask For Again And Again
- See Emotional Reunion of Middle School Friends: Judge & Defendant (VIDEO)
- Bubba Watson Removing Confederate Flag From His ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Car (PHOTO)
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Vacationing Together With Children
- Want to Fly for $4 Tomorrow? Here’s How
- I Got Your Peas and Guac Right Here, Yum!