Jon Anderson Talks Yes
To most music fans, Jon Anderson‘s voice is synonomous with the music of Yes (even though he’s quit the band twice, and 1980’s Drama was recorded with a different singer). So it was a surprise when Yes announced that they were going on tour in 2008 without Anderson. Anderson had been suffering from acute respiratory failure, and was unable to tour at that point. The decision was made to hire a new singer, and they recruited Benoit David, who had fronted a Yes cover band called Close To The Edge. Last year, they released their first album with David, Fly From Here. Earlier this year, Yes relieved him of duty, replacing him with another former Yes tribute band frontman Jon Davison (from Roundabout, he was also a member of the ’90s group Sky Cries Mary).
All throughout the band’s tour, Yes leader and bass player Chris Squire has maintained that Jon Anderson has signed off on the new version(s) of the band. Anderson, in fact, just finished his latest solo acoustic tour, where he performed Yes classics alongside his solo material. We asked him how he feels about his former band touring without him. ”They didn’t really talk to me about the idea. I said, ‘Guys, if you’re gonna do this, I’m not going to stop you, but please let the fans know who is in the band.'”
Would he ever return to the band? Jon says “I’d never say no.” Anderson’s latest release is an 21 minute, four movement song called “Open,” available as a digital download.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- In Theaters This 4th Of July Weekend
- 98.7K-LUV’s 4th Of July Celebration with The City of Rowlett!
- Are Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Trying To Save Their Marriage This Weekend?
- 4th Of July Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: July 3-5
- The 4th of July Dessert People Will Ask For Again And Again
- See Emotional Reunion of Middle School Friends: Judge & Defendant (VIDEO)
- Bubba Watson Removing Confederate Flag From His ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Car (PHOTO)
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Vacationing Together With Children
- Want to Fly for $4 Tomorrow? Here’s How
- I Got Your Peas and Guac Right Here, Yum!