To most music fans, Jon Anderson‘s voice is synonomous with the music of Yes (even though he’s quit the band twice, and 1980’s Drama was recorded with a different singer). So it was a surprise when Yes announced that they were going on tour in 2008 without Anderson. Anderson had been suffering from acute respiratory failure, and was unable to tour at that point. The decision was made to hire a new singer, and they recruited Benoit David, who had fronted a Yes cover band called Close To The Edge. Last year, they released their first album with David, Fly From Here. Earlier this year, Yes relieved him of duty, replacing him with another former Yes tribute band frontman Jon Davison (from Roundabout, he was also a member of the ’90s group Sky Cries Mary).
All throughout the band’s tour, Yes leader and bass player Chris Squire has maintained that Jon Anderson has signed off on the new version(s) of the band. Anderson, in fact, just finished his latest solo acoustic tour, where he performed Yes classics alongside his solo material. We asked him how he feels about his former band touring without him. ”They didn’t really talk to me about the idea. I said, ‘Guys, if you’re gonna do this, I’m not going to stop you, but please let the fans know who is in the band.'”
Would he ever return to the band? Jon says “I’d never say no.” Anderson’s latest release is an 21 minute, four movement song called “Open,” available as a digital download.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Here’s All The Terrifying Footage From Mexico City’s 7.1 Magnitude Earthquake
- Justin Timberlake Gave Jimmy Fallon The Most Bromantic “Happy Birthday” Post On Instagram
- The Eagle’s Joe Walsh Says He’s NOT The Former Congressman Joe Walsh Who’s Behind On Child Support
- Don Henley Says Deacon Frey, Glenn’s Son, Made It Possible For Them to Reunite
- Back Off Binge Watching To Decrease Risk of Alzheimer’s and Other Health Problems
- WATCH Ellen DeGeneres Scare ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Star Sarah Paulson – 3 TIMES!
- Kate Walsh Reveals Brain Tumor Diagnosis: “I Just Left My Body”
- Toys ‘R’ Us Files Bankruptcy In U.S. and Similar in Canada
- Koala Survives Ten Mile Ride Clutching Inside Of Car’s Axel
- If Children Cry Around You, They Might Think You’re Ugly