KISS Still Upset Over Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Snub
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is set to induct new members Guns N’ Roses, Beastie Boys, and Red Hot Chili Peppers on April 14th.
But one band who won’t be there is KISS, who haven’t been voted into the Hall since they first became eligible back in 1999.
Gene Simmons said to Rolling Stone, at the bands press conference announcing his band’s summer tour with Motley Crue, “It’s become a joke.” He added, “We’ve been thinking about it and the answer is simply, ‘We’ll just buy it and fire everybody.’
Even though Simmons was joking in his statements, it does rub him the wrong way that he isn’t a Hall of Famer. “”In all seriousness for the fans, for something to be called Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is such an insult to Madonna, Blondie and Tone Loc. Who the fuck knows what other disco act is in there? It’s an insult to them because they don’t get to be in the ‘Dance Hall of Fame,’ because that’s what they do,” The KISS Bassist says. “They’re legitimate dance, disco artists. They don’t belong in rock and roll.”
Paul Stanley, KISS singer and guitarist, added, “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has reached a point where they’re really scrounging and scratching to find someone left that they consider viable.”
“With all due respect, when you get to Patti Smith you’re about two steps away from Pete Seeger,” said Stanley.
- Blake: New Movies This Weekend
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- Blake: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie In James Foley Biography
- Safety Tips For Trick-Or-Treating
- Blake: “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” – CANCELLED!
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Jenny Q: Do You Hate Email? There’s An App For That
- Jenny Q: Most Affordable Cities List – This Time the Big Ones
- Nurse Nina Pham Is Ebola Free, Headed Home From Hospital
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock