Paula Deen Says Anthony Bourdain Is “Very, Very Cruel”
Last year Paula Deen revealed that she has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and fellow cooking show personality, Anthony Bourdain, had some pretty strong opinions about Deen and her situation.
Now Deen has fired back has fired back saying she found his comments, “very, very cruel” and noted it was “awful, because people out there with diabetes haven’t chosen this.”
Deen spoke out against Bourdain, and what her life has been like since the revelation that she is a diabetic in her new interview with Prevention magazine.
After revealing her diabetes secret, Deen partnered with the diabetes care company, in response Anthony Bourdain tweeted, “Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later.” Bourdain also said that he thought Deen was, “The worst, most dangerous person to America” and said she should “think twice before telling an already obese nation that it’s OK to eat food that is killing us.”
Deen told Prevention, “My team told me of his statement that I was the most evil dangerous woman in America. I thought, ‘Oh my gosh, what hospital did he just get out of?’ And I did hear he was going to break his leg to sell crutches, which I thought was awful, because people out there with diabetes haven’t chosen this.”
She added, “”I thought that was very, very cruel. But I really don’t know nor do I care. I don’t know the man. I’ve never shared a meal with him.”
Deen then fired back at Bourdain, “Everybody has a right to their own opinion. And I can’t change his opinion, nor would I try. I wish him the best. I just do. I don’t wish anything bad on anybody. I know he’s had his demons, and I hope they’re under control.”
You can read the entire interview and see what Deen has to say about Saturday Night Live, how her lifestyle has changed, and how she wants to inspire hope HERE.
- ATM Employees Lost $150,000!!!
- Meet Tonkey! The Puppy Soooooo Cute, She Has 100,000 Instagram Followers!!!
- Do NOT Anger The Monkeys, I Repeat, Do NOT Anger The Monkeys!
- Comedians Key & Peele Treat Teachers Like Sports Gods!
- Not Everyone Is Happy About Their Tiny House Decision
- Ready For A “Married With Children” Spin-Off!
- Frustrated Bicyclist Picks Up and Moves Vehicle From Bike Lane!
- (8) Unprofessional Things To Avoid Doing At Work
- Good Time To Trade In Your iPhone!
- UPDATE! Authorities Spotlight (2) Persons In Bobbi Kristina Brown Case