Carole King Releases New Memoir: ‘A Natural Woman’
One of the most iconic singer-songwriters of all time, Carole King has written a memoir, A Natural Woman, which is out now.
The memoir tells the story of Kings’ life, starting with modest beginnings in Brooklyn through her remarkable musical triumphs, and up too her present day life.
She also writes candidly about her complex marriage to Gerry Goffin, which unraveled as his mental health deteriorated; the challenges of raising four children as a very young mother, and the panoply of experiences that shaped her as a woman, lover, and musician.
King’s earthy, soulful music evokes rhapsodic memories for an entire generation of post 50s. She was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1987, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990, and the Hit Parade Hall of Fame in 2009.
Here is an excerpt from the book:
“At fifteen, when I was a high school junior, I had come upon a drawing in True Story magazine of a young man with dark hair and dark eyes. It had so epitomized my ideal boyfriend that I cut it out and put it in my wallet. It was still there the day I met Gerry Goffin.
In the fall of 1958, when Gerry was nineteen and I was sixteen, he was a night student at Queens College … One afternoon, while studying for a test in the student union with my friend Dorothy, I was having trouble concentrating … I was just putting away my books when the door opened and Gerry walked in. My heart stopped. He looked exactly like the drawing in my wallet.”
Get your hands on A Natural Woman: A Memoir NOW.
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- NBC Parts Ways With Donald Trump
- Did Texas Make The “10 Best States In America”?
- Which 98.7KLUV Music Artists Make The Most Money?
- Is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Strong Austrian Accent Real?
- How Busy Will Texas Roads Be This 4th Of July Weekend?
- See The NEW “I Am Cait” Promo!
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Watch Peter Dinklage, Paul Rudd and Jason Segal Rap with Rush Live
- Must See Trailer: ‘I Am Chris Farley’ – New Documentary