In an exclusive interview on last nights NBC Nightly News Ashley Judd spoke up about the recent criticism about her appearance. Saying the negative comments about her “puffy face” are spurred by societies objectification of girls and women.
Judd already addressed the comments about her appearance in an open letter that appeared in The Daily Beast.
“When I am sick for more than a month and on medication (multiple rounds of steroids), the accusation is that because my face looks puffy, I have ‘clearly had work done,’ with otherwise credible reporters with great bravo ‘identifying’ precisely the procedures I allegedly have had done,” she wrote.
She appeared on Nightly News with Brian Williams Wednesday Night.
“I think it’s hatred of women that invites the criticism. I think it’s the objectification of girls and women and this hypersexualization of our society that invites the criticism. It doesn’t have anything to do with me, really, and how I look,” she told NBC News.
She was upset by the fact that “there was no presumption of goodwill” after she took the steroids for her infection.
“The conversation went straight to, ‘Oh my gosh.’ And then I started to catch the double bind where, you know, my face looks puffy, ‘She’s had work,’ you know? And then, look at the same image in a different interpretation by a separate set of people is, ‘Oh, come on, she doesn’t even have any wrinkles at all, she’s clearly had work,'” Judd said. “So I look bad, I’ve had work. I look too good, I’ve had work.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Original “Rocky III” Statue Copy To Be Auctioned
- Netflix Plans To Release 80 Original Movies In 2018
- Simpsons ‘Homer At The Bat’ Episode Gets Documentary
- Tom Petty Fans Held a ‘Vampire Walk’ to Celebrate His Birthday
- Reviews: “The Snowman” – “Boo 2” – “Geostorm” – “Only The Brave”
- Weekend Thangs To Do In DFW: Oct. 20-22
- VIDEO: See The “Big Mouth Billy Bass” Amazon Echo Alexa Version!
- Texan Takes Down 417lb. Wild Hog
- Man Tries To Kill Spider With Propane Torch; Burns House Down
- Emilio Estevez Was Hollywood’s Most Profitable Actor Over The Last 40 Years