In an exclusive interview on last nights NBC Nightly News Ashley Judd spoke up about the recent criticism about her appearance. Saying the negative comments about her “puffy face” are spurred by societies objectification of girls and women.
Judd already addressed the comments about her appearance in an open letter that appeared in The Daily Beast.
“When I am sick for more than a month and on medication (multiple rounds of steroids), the accusation is that because my face looks puffy, I have ‘clearly had work done,’ with otherwise credible reporters with great bravo ‘identifying’ precisely the procedures I allegedly have had done,” she wrote.
She appeared on Nightly News with Brian Williams Wednesday Night.
“I think it’s hatred of women that invites the criticism. I think it’s the objectification of girls and women and this hypersexualization of our society that invites the criticism. It doesn’t have anything to do with me, really, and how I look,” she told NBC News.
She was upset by the fact that “there was no presumption of goodwill” after she took the steroids for her infection.
“The conversation went straight to, ‘Oh my gosh.’ And then I started to catch the double bind where, you know, my face looks puffy, ‘She’s had work,’ you know? And then, look at the same image in a different interpretation by a separate set of people is, ‘Oh, come on, she doesn’t even have any wrinkles at all, she’s clearly had work,'” Judd said. “So I look bad, I’ve had work. I look too good, I’ve had work.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Oregon Man Finds Almost-Expired Lottery Ticket; Wins $1Million
- FUNNY Quotes from Betty White On Her 95th Birthday
- Packers Staffer Tells Tony Romo, ‘You Deserve Better’
- WATCH Chris Pratt with Wife Anna Faris Thursday Night On CBS’s “Mom”
- Woman Demands Phone Repaired On B’day and Drives Through Store Window in “Florida: The Second Chance State – Take 51”
- Lifetime To Air TV Movie On The Last Days Of Michael Jackson
- Grey’s Anatomy Star Katherine Heigl Gives Birth To 3rd Child!
- Sam Moore to Perform at Trump Inauguration
- Ozzy Osbourne, KISS, Korn to Headline Chicago Open Air Festival
- Aaron Rodgers’ Father Confirms They Haven’t Spoken In Two Years