Ashley Judd Fights Back At The Media
In an exclusive interview on last nights NBC Nightly News Ashley Judd spoke up about the recent criticism about her appearance. Saying the negative comments about her “puffy face” are spurred by societies objectification of girls and women.
Judd already addressed the comments about her appearance in an open letter that appeared in The Daily Beast.
“When I am sick for more than a month and on medication (multiple rounds of steroids), the accusation is that because my face looks puffy, I have ‘clearly had work done,’ with otherwise credible reporters with great bravo ‘identifying’ precisely the procedures I allegedly have had done,” she wrote.
She appeared on Nightly News with Brian Williams Wednesday Night.
“I think it’s hatred of women that invites the criticism. I think it’s the objectification of girls and women and this hypersexualization of our society that invites the criticism. It doesn’t have anything to do with me, really, and how I look,” she told NBC News.
She was upset by the fact that “there was no presumption of goodwill” after she took the steroids for her infection.
“The conversation went straight to, ‘Oh my gosh.’ And then I started to catch the double bind where, you know, my face looks puffy, ‘She’s had work,’ you know? And then, look at the same image in a different interpretation by a separate set of people is, ‘Oh, come on, she doesn’t even have any wrinkles at all, she’s clearly had work,'” Judd said. “So I look bad, I’ve had work. I look too good, I’ve had work.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- NBC Parts Ways With Donald Trump
- Did Texas Make The “10 Best States In America”?
- Which 98.7KLUV Music Artists Make The Most Money?
- Is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Strong Austrian Accent Real?
- How Busy Will Texas Roads Be This 4th Of July Weekend?
- See The NEW “I Am Cait” Promo!
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Watch Peter Dinklage, Paul Rudd and Jason Segal Rap with Rush Live
- Must See Trailer: ‘I Am Chris Farley’ – New Documentary