In an exclusive interview on last nights NBC Nightly News Ashley Judd spoke up about the recent criticism about her appearance. Saying the negative comments about her “puffy face” are spurred by societies objectification of girls and women.
Judd already addressed the comments about her appearance in an open letter that appeared in The Daily Beast.
“When I am sick for more than a month and on medication (multiple rounds of steroids), the accusation is that because my face looks puffy, I have ‘clearly had work done,’ with otherwise credible reporters with great bravo ‘identifying’ precisely the procedures I allegedly have had done,” she wrote.
She appeared on Nightly News with Brian Williams Wednesday Night.
“I think it’s hatred of women that invites the criticism. I think it’s the objectification of girls and women and this hypersexualization of our society that invites the criticism. It doesn’t have anything to do with me, really, and how I look,” she told NBC News.
She was upset by the fact that “there was no presumption of goodwill” after she took the steroids for her infection.
“The conversation went straight to, ‘Oh my gosh.’ And then I started to catch the double bind where, you know, my face looks puffy, ‘She’s had work,’ you know? And then, look at the same image in a different interpretation by a separate set of people is, ‘Oh, come on, she doesn’t even have any wrinkles at all, she’s clearly had work,'” Judd said. “So I look bad, I’ve had work. I look too good, I’ve had work.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Black Sabbath’s Final Concert Captured for ‘The End of the End’ Film
- More Goat Yoga Coming To DFW! Six Classes Added In Grapevine.
- Lindsay Lohan Launches Own Subscription Based Lifestyle Website
- Bachelor In Paradise Contestants Must Get Producer’s Permission Before Visiting…”The Boom Boom Room.”
- Strangers Buy New Car For Rockwall Man Who Walked Three Miles To Work Everyday
- There’s A Conspiracy Theory Surrounding Taylor Swift’s New Album And There’s No Way It Isn’t True
- Man Presents Police With Monopoly “Get Out Of Jail Free Card” In Middle Of Arrest
- Oscar Mayer Introduces The “WeinerDrone,” The Latest Vehicle Added To The “Weinerfleet”
- Applebee’s Brings Back $1 Margaritas!
- This Dog Maternity Photo Shoot Will Brighten Your Day