Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Actress Bella Thorne Comes Out As Bisexual
- Check Out The Best Broadcast Bloopers From The Rio Olympics
- Dozens Killed In 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake In Italy
- Fisherman Kept A $100M Pearl Under His Bed For 10 Years
- Is Jason Momoa Returning To Game Of Thrones?
- Miranda Lambert Breaks Down In Tears On Stage After Seeing A Soldier’s Sign
- Grandma Celebrates 100th Birthday With A Game Of Beer Pong
- Take A Look At The 1950s DFW Turnpike Pamphlet
- Students Serenade Their Teacher Returning To Work After A Battle With Cancer
- Selena Inducted To Texas Women’s Hall Of Fame