Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Allstate Claims Current Hurricane Harvey & Irma Damages at $593 Million!
- WATCH MSNBC Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell BLAST Those Irritating Him During His News Cast
- Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson End 10-Year Relationship
- Man In ER Won’t Wait and Calls 9-1-1 For Ambulance in “Florida: The Second Chance State” – Take 56
- COMING: 40th Anniversary “Saturday Night Fever” Remastered Reissue Soundtrack and 4-K Movie
- Stone Temple Pilots Share Previously Unreleased Track ‘Only Dying’
- Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley Reunite for Hurricane Relief Fundraiser
- Wonder Woman Gets An Honest Trailer
- Yoko Ono Sues Lemonade Company for Trademark Infringement
- James Corden Teams Up With The Foo Fighters For Carpool Karaoke