Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Watch “Wonder Woman” Star Gal Gadot Try To Put Conan O’Brien Into Super Hero Shape… in 35mins!
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- Grateful Dead, Monkees Highlight Summer of Love Vinyl Reissues
- Watch The Late Late Show’s James Corden and Orlando Bloom “Turn On” Computers!
- New App Makes It Easy For Pot Lovers To Find Dates And Friends
- Mother Warns About Sunscreen As Her Burned & Blistered 14-Month-Old Ends Up In ER
- Learn How Critics Feel About “Baywatch” and “Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”
- Professional Panhandlers in Dallas Operating as a Network
- Blake Powers’ #MemorialDayWeekendThangsToDoInDFW: May 26-29
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism