Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- U2 Nominated For Golden Globe Against Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift
- Interview: Ann Wilson Reflects on Heart’s Remarkable Year
- McKinney’s Heard Museum Celebrates The Season With Holiday Trail Of Lights
- Beatles, Isley Brothers To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon Talks New Music, Foo Fighters and the Nuge
- Dylan, Marley, Lennon Covers Highlight Starbucks
- A Little Girl Signs Christmas Carols For Her Deaf Parents
- Help Us Find Trey Bounds’ Dog
- Rebekah’s College Of Hollywood Knowledge: Duck Dynasty Beats Britney Spears
- Holiday Tipping