Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- There Is Now a ‘Glenn Frey Drive’ in Michigan (PHOTO)
- Amal Clooney Steals Red Carpet From Trophy Husband, George
- See Kristen Wiig Dressed as Peyton Manning on Tonight Show
- Barry Manilow — Out of Surgery!
- Ethan Hawke Plays Chet Baker in ‘Born to Be Blue’ Trailer
- Watch the Trailer for New Cameron Crowe Series ‘Roadies’
- Powers Of Observation 57
- Bill Murray Throws Annoying Photo Seekers Phone Off Second Story
- New In Theaters This Weekend: ‘Zoolander 2’ – ‘How To Be Single’ – ‘DEADPOOL’
- #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: Feb. 12-14