Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Off-Field Stats for Dez & Zeke Also Off the Charts
- The 6 Best GRAMMY ‘In Memorandum’ Tributes
- “The Walking Dead” Star Chandler Riggs Plans For His Education and Professional Future
- Learn What Food Most Don’t Want To Smell At Work!
- Stalker Tries To Reach Sean Penn 50 Times This Year
- “The Walking Dead” Star Steven Yeun Is Now Married!
- Dallas Cowboys Cleats Being Auctioned For Charities
- Neil Young: The Best Song from Every Album
- SNL’s Dueling Rachels: Jennifer Aniston Makes Surprise Appearance
- Benefits of Being Single During the Holidays