For the first time in five years West Virginia University is the top party school in the nation, according to the Princeton Review. The newest member of the big 12 bumped off Ohio University to reclaim the no. 1 position.
WVU hasn’t held the top spot since 2007, but the rankings announced Monday by The Princeton Review make it the third time. WVU was also No. 1 in 1997, and it’s been among the top 20 party schools 12 times in the 21 years the rankings have been published.
WVU also ranks number 1 in the “Lots of Beer” category.
All the current rankings can be seen in the 2013 edition of The Best 377 Colleges which goes on sale today. There are 62 ranking lists, based on surveys of 122,000 students.
Other category winners include:
- Most Beautiful Campus — Florida Southern College
- Best Career Services — Northeastern University in Massachusetts
- Best Campus Food — Bowdoin College in Maine
- Best College Dorms — Washington University in St. Louis, Mo.
- Happiest Students — Rice University in Texas
- Best Athletic Facilities — U.S. Military Academy
- Students reporting the highest overall satisfaction with their school are at California’s Claremont McKenna College.