Not wanting to talk politics this Thanksgiving?
Redbook has suggestions on how to steer-clear of talking about Trump and Clinton while passing the turkey and dressing:
- Come up with a secret signal with your siblings for when you need conversational assistance.
- Ask your little niece to explain today’s hot words or phrases kids use.
- Ask everyone for a theory about what really happened with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. If they’re not certain as to who they are, have a back-up plan:).
- Smack your palm on your forehead and say you left dessert in your vehicle, then get it. Be sure you actually have a to dessert waiting for you:).
- If all else fails, go to the bathroom and use a meditation app on your phone to help you breathe comfortably:).
See more helpful ways to avoid politics during Turkey time, by clicking HERE.
©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed