Hear are “9 – 98.7K-LUV #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW: May 19-21”
- Comedian Paula Poundstone at Majestic Theatre – according to the AT&T Performing Arts Center website, “Heralded as one of our country’s foremost comics, Paula Poundstone’s quick-thinking, unscripted approach to comedy makes for a perfect fit as a regular panelist on NPR’s #1 show, the screwball weekly news quiz show WAIT WAIT…DON’T TELL ME! where she holds the record for game losses. “The others cheat,” she says magnanimously, “you wouldn’t think NPR would put up with that.”The talents of this brilliant humorist extend beyond standup comedy, but stop short of yodeling. In 2016 Paula voiced the character “Forgetter Paula” in Disney/Pixar’s Academy Award winning animated feature film, Inside Out. In June 2016, her first double-live CD, North By Northwest: Paula Poundstone Live! (HighBridge) debuted at #1 on both Amazon’s “Hot New Releases – Non Fiction” and “Comedy CD” lists. The CD was recorded at performances at the Big Top Chautauqua in Bayfield, WI and the Aladdin Theatre in Portland, OR.Still, Paula considers her greatest achievement being a Mom of 3 children. She lives in Santa Monica where she also has 2 dogs, 14 cats, and one ant left from her ant farm.
- Spring Movies on the Lawn at Crown Hill Memorial Park (Fridays through June 9) – tonight at 8:30, watch Night At The Museum, FREE!
Friday – Sunday
- Taste Addison at Addison Circle Park – their website notes, “A celebration of food, music, and fun, Taste Addison, dishes out the best food and flavor with a healthy side of jam. A three-day menu of fun, May 19-21, 2017, Taste Addison delivers the tastiest eateries with the best music at Addison Circle Park. Known for 180+ restaurants in less than 4.4 miles and its nationally recognized special events, Addison serves up a good time no matter the craving.”
- AT&T Byron Nelson at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas – per their website, “Funds raised at the AT&T Byron Nelson benefit Momentous Institute and its education and mental health programs designed to build and repair kids’ social emotional health. Since 1968, the tournament has raised more than $149 million for Momentous Institute, powered by the Salesmanship Club of Dallas, and transformed over 100,000 lives.”
- Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival at Galatyn Park in Richardson – 25th annual celebration of art, music and wildflowers features The B-52s, Martha Davis & The Motels, All-American Rejects, Shooter Jennings, Ruthie Foster and Bowling for Soup. Plus, children’s activities in the WF! Kids area, artists and vendors in the Wild! Marketplace. Plus, kids can play in the fountain on the festival grounds.
- Wild West Watauga Fest at Capp Smith Park – according to their website, “Watauga Fest is back in 2017 with more entertainment than ever before! The City of Watauga provides one of the largest Spring Festivals in the Mid-Cities area at the beautiful Capp Smith Park. With Carnival Rides, Food Trucks, Vendors, Live Entertainment by LeFreak, M80’s, PooLive Crew, Brave Combo and
Incognito and more! Your family is sure to have a great time.”
Saturday – Sunday
- The Dallas Pet Expo at Dallas Market Hall – includes loads of exhibitors, live entertainment, Obedience Demos, author readings/book signings, discounted pet vaccinations, info on pet care, grooming, behavior, training, traveling with your pet, and MUCH more!
- Rock & Relief for East Texas – to help the Van Zandt County storm victims at O’Riley’s Pub – 8989 Forest Lane – Dallas. Cover charge or donated item goes to the Van Zandt County Sheriff’s Department. Bands include: Holy Dyver (tribute to Dio), Unglued (Stone Temple Pilots tribute), Koppur Thief, Coldstone (high energy blues/rock), Blackland Saints, Hillbilly Orchestra and Rock Box.
Now – May 29
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival at Scarborough Renaissance Festival Grounds in Waxahachie – offers interactive fun for everyone, 16th Century Style set in the days of King Henry VIII! Enjoy full combat armored jousts, Birds of Prey exhibitions, the Mermaid Lagoon and Renaissance entertainment on 27 stages. Discover exquisite crafts in 200 village shoppes and marvel at the artisan demonstrations. Partake in Renaissance rides and games of skill and feast on food & drink fit for a king. For the more discerning tastes there are daily wine and beer tastings as well. Plus, every weekend has a different theme and a variety of special events. Congratulations to all our 98.7K-LUV ticket winners!
Enjoy the weekend while listening to 98.7K-LUV!