A report from PRNewsWire reveals data from the 2017 Emerging Workforce Study (EWS) commissioned by Spherion Staffing, shows 41% of today’s workers prefer more paid time off versus a raise.
Here are some interesting findings:
- 70% of workers consider paid vacation time a right of employment. Only 58% of companies feel the same.
- 39% of workers feel their company vacation plan is inferior to comparable industry competitors
- Almost 30% of workers feel guilty requesting paid vacation time.
- 42% of workers have hesitated to take paid time off fearing doing so may disrupt work
- 28% of worker say their company expects them to work on vacation – 22% of companies agree
Would you prefer more vacation time or a raise?