“Living paycheck to paycheck” isn’t a comfortable phrase to say, but in truth, a new survey from Careerbuilder.com reveals a high percentage of those surveyed are saying just that.
Take a look at these stats:.
- 78% of U.S. workers live paycheck-to-paycheck
- 3 in 4 workers are in debt and over half of them feel they always will be
- almost 9% of those earning $100k or more per year are living paycheck to paycheck
- 28% of persons earning $50-99K per year live paycheck-to-paycheck
- 51% of persons earning less than $50k per year usually live paycheck to paycheck and 73% of those are in debt
- almost 25% of those in the survey save nothing each month.
Bottom line, don’t spend what you don’t have, and avoid unnecessary debt.
Yes, for many, easier said than done.